Tula Magic is a vigorous raspberry that produces in summer and then again in late fall. The fruits are large and firm with a sweet taste.
Planting tips for bare root brambles (blackberries & raspberries)
choosing a planting location avoid planting blackberries &
raspberries where the following crops have been planted: brambles,
strawberries, potatoes, tomatoes, eggplants and peppers.
- Choose a full sun (6-8 hours per day) planting location
- Amend soil with organic matter and check to be sure that you have adequate drainage.
- Plant in Spring once your soil has warmed. Planting in cool and damp soil can delay development.
- Soak the roots up to 2 hours in water prior to planting.
- Prepare the planting area by digging a 3-4" deep trench.
- Lay the roots horizontally in the trench about 1-1.5" below the soil surface.
- Cover the roots immediately after placing roots in the trench.
- Water planting area
- Do not fertilize at planting time.
- New growth may take up to 6 weeks to appear
- Most if not all new growth will come from the root of your blackberry plant and not from the cane. The cane may never leaf out.